100 MBPS and 100 MB/s
MBPS = Mbit/s or megabit per second.M letters bits per second for
transmission rate refers to the ability of data exchange equipment also called Bandwidth ", the unit is megabits per second (one million m bit/SEC), the current mainstream mainly has 10 Mbps, 54 Mbps hub bandwidth / 100 Mbps adaptability, 100 Mbps and 150 Mbps.
1 MBPS on behalf of 1048576 bits per second transmission, namely the amount of data transferred per second is:
1048576/8 = 128 k bytes/SEC = 131072 bytes/SEC
- bit representatives, for a binary number, namely 0 or 1, the smallest storage unit
Byte represents a Byte, 8 bits for a Byte, which is 1 Byte = 8 bit, Byte for the amount of data used unit
the difference between a case lowercase b on behalf of the bit, capital b on behalf of the Byte, cannot mix;Mbps abbreviations in strictly limited M to uppercase, lowercase for b, p, s
commonly used units and Kbps, Mbps, Gbps
Mb/s means megabit per second, Mb/s is the meaning of megabytes per second, the former refers to the figures of code elements (bits) per second, the latter refers to the number of bytes per second.They are completely different.Byte is
bytes, bit is digits, every eight to one byte in the computer, which is 1 byte = 8 bit, was 1:8.So 1 MB/s is equal to 8 MB/s.So when the unit is in writing it is important to note that the letter B in the case, the size of the letter B really called a miss, big difference.Official data on the data transfer rate (such as telecom sector) in general use Mb/s or Kb/s for the unit.
the download software (such as IE, thunderbolt, express,) generally USES MB/s or KB/s for the unit.
1. The calculation of the optical fiber transmission speed real
use fiber optic link network with transmission speed.Failure to reduce, etc.So many company exports are using optical fiber network.General network service provider claims that the speed of the optical fiber for "5 m ", then he download the real speed is how many?What's the difference between 100 MBPS and 100 MB/s?To calculate, general situation, 5 m "Is actually 5000 kbit/s (calculated on thousand carry) it's a conversion problem.Byte and bit are different.1 Byte = 8 bit. While the user is often said the download speed is refers to the Byte/s so said telecom "5 m "After also became (5000/8) after conversion KByte like = 625 KByte/s/s at ordinary times the highest download speed is 625 KB/S
625 KByte/s often said in the actual situation.The theoretical value up to 625 KB/S.So out of network loss and even line attenuation etc. So the real reason download speed may be less than 600 KB/S but as long as it is more than 550 KB/S is normal 550 calculates the actual velocity of ADSL ADSL is how people often use the Internet.So telecom and netcom claim "512 k "How much the ADSL download speed?
conversion method of 512 kbit/s = (512/8) KByte/s = 64 KByte/s, considering line loss, such as the actual download speed in more than 50 KB/s even if normal so 1 MB "The?Let's figure out the answer is 125 kbyte/s
3. Computing network transmission speed of
100 MBPS and 100 MB/s have to differ?People often complain about the network transmission of several times slower then real cases of the speed of 10/100 MBPS nics should have more than that?100 MBPS nic also is defined by bit/s So 100 MB/S = 100000 KByte/S = (100000/8) = 12500 KByte KByte/S/S 1 second can transfer 12.5 MB of speed in theory according to consider the interference factors of transmission as long as more than 10 MB per second is normal, now a 1000 MBPS nic so speed is 100 MB/S
(1) about the bit (bits) per second (in seconds) and Byte (bytes)/S (in seconds) conversion: circuit unit is the BPS, said bit (bits) per second (in seconds), note is lowercase b.When users download online shows that the rate of the unit is often Byte (bytes)/s (in seconds), pay attention to capital letters B.The relationship between the bytes and bits to 1 byte = 8 bits;Coupled with the IP header, such as HTTP header for network transmission protocol to increase transmission capacity, 1 kbyte/s download rate, about 10 KBPS line actual transmission rate.For example: download display is 50 kbyte/s, actually has reached a speed of 500 KBPS.Remember to pay attention to the unit!!!!!!
(2) the user application rate of broadband refers to technology can achieve the largest theory rate of value, you surf also browse by users of computer software and hardware configuration, the location of the site, to end the influence of the bandwidth, and so on and so forth, so the user while surfing rate of rate is usually lower than the theoretical value.
(3) in theory: 2 m (2 MB/s) theory of broadband speed is: 256 KB/s (2048 KB/s), the actual rate of about 103-103 KB/s;(the reason is that the user's computer, network equipment performance quality, resource usage, network attenuation peak, service ability, circuitry, signal attenuation, etc) caused by many factors.4 m (i.e., 4 MB/s) rate of broadband theory is: 512 KB/s, the actual rate of about 200-440 KB/s.
broadband speed calculation method for the knowledge base:
in computer science,
- bit is the smallest unit of said information, called binary;Generally expressed in 0 and 1.Byte is called bytes, consists of 8 bits a Byte (eight bits) (1 Byte), is used to represent one character at a time on your computer.Between the bit and Byte can be reduced, the conversion relations as follows: 1 Byte = 8 bit (or abbreviated to: 1 b = 8 b);Generally used in practice, which is 1 bit to 1 b (note the lowercase letters b), 1 byte shorthand for 1 b (note the uppercase letters b).What's the difference between
100 MBPS and 100 MB/s?In the computer network or networks, general, broadband speed unit with BPS (or b/s);BPS said bits per second, it indicates that how many bits per second (BPS), is a bit per second.In actual said 1 m bandwidth mean 1 Mbps (megabit per second Mbps is not megabytes per second Mbps).
recommended users to remember the following conversion formula:
1 B = 8 B 1 B/s = 8 B/s (or 1 BPS = 8 BPS)
1 KB = 1 KB/s = 1024 B / 1024 B s
1MB = 1024 KB 1 Mb/s = 1024 KB/s
specification tip: B in practical writing standards should be said Byte (bytes), B should say bit (bit), but in the usual in practical writing some write bit and Byte are mixed for B, such as the Mb/s and Mb/s written Mb/s are mixed, leading people in the actual calculation error by unit of confusion.Remember to pay attention to!!!!!!
examples: in the online application, download the software often see such as the download speed is shown as 128 KBPS (KB/s), 103 KB/s, and so on broadband speed size, because the ISP to provide line bandwidth using unit is a bit, and shows the general download software bytes (1 byte = 8 bits), so through conversion, to the actual value.However, can according to the conversion formula conversion:
128 KB/s = 128 ×8 (Kb/s) = 1024 Kb/s = 1 MB/s or 128 Kb/s = 1 MB/s.